The assets of COLDINNOV static refrigeration
The steady growth in static refrigeration requirements, whether in industry or small facilities, comes up against the critical issues of energy consumption and environmental impact. Refrigeration users are increasingly seeking to make energy savings on these compressor installations which represent up to 3/4 of their electricity consumption.
COLDINNOV has developed a system that is capable of producing cold by using heat as an energy source. Heat is very often present in the form of waste, for example in the industrial sector during incineration, around furnaces and the operation of other machines. Recovering this waste heat and using it to produce cold is therefore of considerable interest where this energy-intensive requirement exists in parallel.
COLDINNOV technology improves the efficiency of refrigeration facilities and therefore their profitability.
- It can be installed as an add-on or replace conventional refrigeration units.
- It is an eco-friendly solution for the future.
Reducing energy consumption is a strategic challenge for data centers
- The 500,000 existing data centers consume 1.5% of global power generation, i.e. 30,000 MW, the equivalent of 30 nuclear power plants
- They are responsible for 2% of global CO2 emissions, the equivalent of that produced by air traffic
- A 10,000 m² data center consumes as much as a city of 50,000 inhabitants
- A 10,000 m² data center produces 30,000 MWh of waste heat, unused in the IT process (of which over 90% goes currently unrecovered) and which needs to be cooled from 35°C to 25°C
- 100 KW of IT power supplied to a data center requires 85kW of refrigeration to cool it
- The availability requirements of Tier 3 and Tier 4 data centers impose redundancy for energy sources, cooling systems and networks
Only one third of energy consumed by a power generator is used for generating electricity: one third is lost as waste heat and the final third is lost in the cooling circuit.
Using a gas power generator as a permanent energy source for one of the 2 redundant channels of the data center makes it possible to clip electricity consumption on the network, recover heat lost at 350°C in the exhaust and replace a traditional refrigeration unit by a COLDINNOV system to produce chilled water for cooling IT rooms.
COLDINNOV can also operate on a solar-powered thermal loop, enhanced if needs be by direct gas heating.
The COLDATA solution : download the presentation leaflet here