Solar-powered cold room
FREECOLD solar cold room
FREECOLD markets positive cold rooms powered by photovoltaic solar panels. Modular in design, they are available in standardized sizes from 10 to 30 m3. Tailor-made projects are also possible, such as the FREECOLD cold room at Cotonou airport (Benin), which is capable of refrigerating 12 metric tons of pineapple every day on over 100 m3.
Our solar-powered cold room meets the requirements of different agri-food sectors. In particular, they adapt easily to the storage conditions of fruit and vegetable crops, meat, fish and even frozen products. Between 200 kg and 800 kg of food can be refrigerated daily using the free energy of the Sun!
Our cold rooms are SN-T climate class. They have been specially designed to operate in extreme temperature conditions, up to 43 °C. Consequently, they are perfectly adapted to the tropical and desert climates present in Africa and South America for instance.
- Thermal losses are reduced due to a reinforced 100 mm thick insulation and a door equipped with a strip curtain to limit heat input.
- Power is supplied by photovoltaic solar panels coupled to storage batteries. A secondary power supply via the power grid is also possible. This configuration guarantees a complete autonomy ranging from 30 to more than 60 hours.
- An electrical cabinet guarantees the quality of the power supply, even in the event of power cuts or grid failures.
- The batteries integrated in the cabinet allow to smooth the intermittences of the photovoltaic source.
- All corners are rounded for easy cleaning and hygiene of the cold room.
- Optional non-slip, hard-wearing, easy-to-clean floor and sturdy shelves for meat, fish and dairy applications.
Delivery and warranty
Our cold rooms are delivered disassembled in kit. This includes:
- Insulating panels,
- The refrigeration unit, delivered ready to install,
- Photovoltaic solar panels of European origin and their fixings,
- Solar lead batteries,
- The electrical cabinet for management of the power supply,
- Electrical wiring
Assembly is made easy by the 100% plug-in system.
Like all FREECOLD products, solar panels have a 25-years performance guarantee. Cold rooms are guaranteed for 1 year, parts and labor included.
- Power supply: Solar photovoltaic panels + solar batteries. Link to the electricity network possible
- Temperature range: 0 °C / + 10 °C
- Refrigerant: R404a
- Warranty: 1 year
- 1 high insulation swing door: 1 x 2 m
- Climatic class: SN-T
- Maximum ambient temperature: 43 °C
- Insulation: 100 mm high density injected polyurethane without CFC
- Monobloc refrigeration unit “wall-mounting” type
- Capacity: 10,000 to 30,000 L
|10 m3 cold room||20 m3 cold room|
|Internal dimensions||L : 2.40 m|
w : 2.00 m
H : 2.00 m
|L : 3.80 m
w : 2.40 m
H : 2.00 m
|Cooling capacity||400 kg/day||800 kg/day|
|Solar plant included||2.5 kW|
8 polycrystalline photovoltaic modules, 310 Wp
20 polycrystalline photovoltaic modules, 310 Wp
|Cooling power||2,200 Wc||4,500 Wc|
The FREECOLD solar ice-making room: make ice using the Sun!
The need for ice is daily around the world for refreshing beverages, but it is also especially needed to preserve fragile food such as meat or fish.
In Africa in particular, the lack of a reliable electricity grid makes its supply uncertain and turn it into a valuable asset. Keeping food in good conditions then becomes difficult. This results in a food wastage and an important loss of profits for producers and resellers.
The FREECOLD solar-powered ice-maker meets this need for ice by making its production and conservation possible at low costs thanks to solar energy!
Capable of producing every day 200 kg of ice bags a day, our ice-making room can also create a new economic activity of ice production, for a village or roadside sale. This high profitability activity guarantees a quick return on investment of less than 2 years.
Find out which FREECOLD distributors are closest to you!